A rental car is cheap & easy, we recommend TopCarRental, but you can make it as far as Tryavna by bus or train.
There is a bus from the village to Veliko Tarnovo and Tryavna-Gabrovo. Taxis are cheap and we can arrange an airport transfer if needed.
However, the train or bus is considerably cheaper.
The cheapest airlines with regular flights are Wizzair, Ryan Air and Easy Jet. You can fly to Varna, Burgas, Plovdiv or Sofia. Without a car, Burgas or Plovdiv is easiest with a train to Tryavna.
Please get in touch for help with travel arrangements.
Travelling & COVID
Because of COVID, the project has been on hold since April so it delights us that from the first of Nov we will be ready to accept a few trial guests.
However, we understand that these are still not the easiest times to travel in, so let us reassure you that Bulgaria is one of the countries least affected by the pandemic
We want to do everything we can to keep it that way. So we ask that to help protect ourselves and others please read and sign up to following self responsible protocol..
To reduce risk we ask that all guests will willingly and openly abid by the following.
- Take your temperature daily before travelling for two weeks.
- On arrival take your temperature AM & PM for two weeks & immediately share any concerns.
- Take extra precautions whilst travelling to minimise exposure.
We recommend you keep with you when travelling… paracetamol, spare masks, hand sanitizer, a thermometer and immune-boosting supplements or herbal support.
Latest COVID Travel Advice
Below is the most relevant information we have highlighted as the initial information is confusing stating total ban this is not the case please see exceptions. I have tested the route flying from Barcelona to Sofia without any issue. Link t the full page is below.
Total entry ban
Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to passengers with a “D” visa issued by Bulgaria.
– Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival.
– This does not apply to family members of nationals of Bulgaria.
– This does not apply to passengers arriving from Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay or Vatican City (Holy See).