Ayurvedic Massage Available from 01 May 2023
Oil massage is consistently used throughout Ayurvedic massage treatments. Its calm approach means that recipients are not only induced into a relaxed state during the massage, they also often report an improvement in their sleep patterns and general sense of wellbeing. In an ideal world, Ayurvedic massage would be carried out daily to help keep at bay the effects that everyday stresses and strains can have on our minds and bodies.
Travelling through the sea of life our bodies gather barnacles of conditioning through diverse experiences. These ‘barnacles’ are sub-conscious areas of tension that house our history of emotional baggage, such as defences and vulnerabilities. Weighed down with emotional toxicity, our body armours itself against attacks from past ‘ghosts’. A sensitive Ayurvedic massage therapist is able to read an individual’s body map of aches, pains, lumps and bumps, fully aware that every touch evokes certain emotions and gently facilitates the ‘letting-go’ of unresolved wounds.
During an Ayurvedic massage a subtle transfer of electromagnetic energy takes place between the therapist and the client so it is important to trust and feel ‘good vibes’ with your chosen therapist. One must feel receptive and safe in order to allow the energy of the therapist. In turn, a wave of unconditional love and compassion flows through the therapist as they respect the faith you have placed in them, an honour not taken lightly. Perhaps that’s why the Ayurvedic word for oil is sneha; a term also synonymous with love, kindness and tenderness; all the feelings that should engulf you during an Ayurvedic body massage. If love is the panacea, then an Ayurvedic oil massage is a great way to get a good dose of unconditional love.
Traditional Full-Body (90+mins) BGN110/€55
Back & Legs (60 mins) 85BGN/€42.50
Head & shoulders (45mins) 40BGN/€20
3 x traditional full body BGN280/€140
3 x back & legs BGN200/€100
(booking & 20% deposit required)
20% discount for RS residents & guests
Sound Healing and Relaxation Techniques
Explore the healing power of the vibration of sound, using the singing bowls of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition for therapeutic purpose.
Connect with the deep sound of the Tibetan bowls. Meditate on “nada”, the inner sound. Sound can have the positive effect of “harmonizing” your “electric body” to promote optimal wellbeing.
In ancient times sound was used as a powerful tool for healing, meditation and self-transformation. Fortunately, the knowledge and skills of this art have been taught over many generations and are available in present days.
Experience a whole-body tuning which can slow down your brain waves and shift every cell in your body from dis-ease to ease.
Per Treatment session €80 /160 BG LV
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage
(AYM) is a deep tissue oil massage followed by assisted yoga stretches. It is adjusted to suit clients needs, whether that is relaxing, energising, soothing, deep or remedial. The method was developed by Master Kusum Modak in Pune, India, after many years of studying traditional Ayurvedic massage and Iyengar yoga. AYM is an amazing technique which works on physical, emotional, mental and energetic levels.
Why is Ayurvedic Yoga Massage so beneficial?
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage works with both oil massage and movements, meaning your body gains all the benefits of both.
- Therapists take time to understand your needs and your limits so you never feel over or under worked.
- Combining working close to your limits and using breathing to help activate the parasympathetic nervous system helps release tension from even the most ‘stuck’ parts of your body.
- Massaging, moving or stretching tense muscles can cause pain, resistance or agitation. The mindful touch and deep, relaxed breathing that AYM offers helps retrain the nervous system to not react in this way. This is great for moving you out of chronic pain.
- This whole-person approach to Ayurvedic Yoga Massage gives a lasting feeling of being centered, where you are less likely to feel agitated or restless, and experience increased clarity of thought.
- The approach aims to help you develop body awareness.
€1.00 Per Minute
Prebooking available Reiki Healing with Alina